воскресенье, 23 мая 2010 г.

Corporate Buzzwords/Jargon 1

QUESTIONS:
(Choose the best response for each one)


1. Well you've really got to hit the _____________________, Matt ( = to start working hard immediately). There's no time to waste!
ground running
ground falling
floor running

2. Moving _____________________, ( = in the future) you'll be in charge of this project.
forward
foursome
forehead

3. Mary, I don't feel like we're on the _____________________ here.
same boat
same wave
same page

4. Let's _____________________ ( = talk) tomorrow.
intermingle
interface
interfere

5. I'll take that _____________________ = We'll talk about that after the meeting.
off-scale
online
offline

6. I'm super busy right now, I'll _____________________ with you tomorrow.
touch base
touch bars
touch face

7. I don't have the _____________________ ( = time) to take this on right now.
bandwidth
band-aid
banner

8. My plate is _____________________ = I'm really busy
filled
round
full

9. Let's _____________________ ( = analyze financial data) and see how they look.
ride the numbers
run the numbers
run the digits

10. We've got to think _____________________ = We have to come up with some innovative solutions/ideas
outside the cube
outside the box
out of the boxes

Check answers at http://www.businessenglishsite.com/exercise_buzzwords1.html

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий